Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy October


happy halloween
Originally uploaded by rist2796
I love this picture because I've felt flu-ish for the past couple of days.
It didn't help knowing that the girl I ride to school with spent a week hitting her forehead on the toilet.

School has been pretty fun lately, and I'm glad I didn't bail after week 3. This mod has been Hair Color and we spent the first 2 weeks learning the color wheel ("Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?") and then brushing shaving cream on our doll heads. There are 9 State Board Procedures for how and where to apply hair which hair color or bleach, so it's a bit confusing at first. But now we've dyed and bleached our little 'quads' (a scalp with 4 sections, each a different color) as well as done 'weaving' and 'slicing.
Okay, nobody cares, but it's cool.

Mark and Sid have been in Europe over the past 10 days, and I miss them like crazy. Mark gave a presentation at a medical conference in Germany, and right now they're in Holland touring Amsterdam. Have I mentioned that I miss them like crazy?

It seems as tho every time Mark leaves, something goes wrong. This time the washing machine flooded. A lot. The only nice thing about stepping barefoot into 1" of cold water is realizing it's very clean. And the worst thing is realizing that when the guy fixed it for the same thing 2 weeks ago, it didn't work and he'd have to come back. Luckily I have tomorrow off so he can come and fix it I won't smell at school this week.

Anyway, I'm going to go and find something good to do that doesn't involve getting out of this chair. So I guess I won't really 'go.' I'll just let my fingers do the going and see what I can find on my little Dell.

Booo!

No comments:

Post a Comment