Thursday, November 12, 2009

My new addiction . . .

No, it's not the eating of the cupcakes. It's looking at pictures of them.

I stumbled on the website Cakewrecks.com and have found a new reason to live - and troll the net.

There are bazillion cupcake sites - meaning there are bazillion little shops that specialize in only cupcakes. Yes. Only. Cupcakes.

Check out the following:

cupcakestakethecake.com
bakerella.com
ditsydaisie.com
(and all of their links)

You'll be touched by the artistry, creativity, and basic temptiness/ation of these creations. And if you're delusional like me, you'll say,
"Pffft. I could do that."

Naturally, since I don't have a history of baking - or cooking, for that matter - I've obviously decided that I would be a perfect maker of cupcakes. So I begged for a mixer for my birthday. And not just any mixer, may I add. I begged for the best. And after much cajoling and whining, Mark told me to "go ahead and order what you want."

So in 2 weeks, I will open a brand new KitchenAid mixer, already wrapped in gift paper and delivered by UPS from Amazon.com. Of course, it will be accompanied by a sweet card from my supportive spouse, who has learned after 27 years of marriage that reasoning does not work.

Let's see:
Great husband.
Wonderful kids.
Lovely home.
KitchenAid & pictures of cupcakes.

Life doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment