Monday, April 27, 2009

The Chef Special


Baked potato.
Originally uploaded by oskay
Tonight we had a delightful time having a picnic with some friends:

Natalie & John Familia
Jackie & Mike Curteman and kids
Caryn & Curtis Stapp and kids
Kelly & Dave Lee and . . . uh, yes, kids
Ahhhh, kids. To be young again. Phew.

I spent all day shopping, chopping, and prepping, then FINALLY got going on the actual baking.

My baked potatos turned out great, and after being slopped with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter," sour cream, cheese, chives, green onions, bacon bits, and croutons, most people could gag 'em down.

I felt quite proud of myself, and have learned that I'm actually a fantastic little cook.

In reality, it was a really fun night. The men and kids played softball while we women caught up on the latest legal news. Then when we all got together to eat, there were some pretty funny stories - mostly involving falling down and pain.

The only bad part of the evening was that with the wind-chill, it was -20 degrees and we were freezing. But those baked potatos turned out to be a double treat - the leftovers were great hand warmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment