Friday, September 5, 2008

The Box Cut!


My manniquin head, again!
Originally uploaded by Sugarblue
Today at school we did a couple of increase-layered sculpts on our sweet little mannequin heads. The first one was reallllly 70's - kind of a Farrah Fawcett of Charlie's Angels cut. Luckily, the hair on our dolls is real hair that is curly, so it styles easily and looks only semi-wonky.

The second sculpture we did was an increase-layered 'box' cut. It is a long layered mass of hair as well, but when you hold it upside down, it looks absolutely square. Thus, when I saw this photo on 'flickr,' I thought my little head had hated the cut so much that she did herself in.

I passed my quiz today, and my sculpts went fairly well (I'm trying to unlearn my perfectionism) so I came home with better self-esteem.

Now I just have to do a chapter in the workbook, study for the next test, put together a big project book, and not freak out.

No sleeping for ME this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment