Saturday, March 14, 2009

LIFE IS THE PITS.

After losing my dear Leon a little over 26 years ago, I've decided
to try again. Although his life was short, he was a joy, and a real source of pride. In fact, new friends were often taken aback by my passion for him.

So during supper the other night, my guacamole preparations brought me face to face with the option of beginning a new life.

Oh, yes. It's a big commitment. And yes, it's a long gestation period that takes a lot of patience, faith, and hope.

But I jumped right in. I cut 3 seeds out of the avacados, stuck toothpicks in them, and popped 'em into cups of water.

Now we just wait and watch for signs of growth. I can't wait until they start to show, and it won't be long before I can start picking out names.

No comments:

Post a Comment