Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Non-Fat Yarn


I think I've mentioned these in past blogs, on facebook, in conversations, my prayers, and on grocery lists: CUPCAKES.

Intellectually, we all know that cupcakes are just, uh, cake. Cake with frosting. They're just little. So what's the point?

Well, I'm glad you asked. Here are my theories, but remember, I'm no expert.

1. Cupcakes are portable. Not like stick-em-in-your-purse, or even popped into a baggy, of course. Just "no plate necessary," fingerable treats that leave the other hand ready for the milk.

2. Cupcakes can be made without dirtying pans, as well as enjoyed without the burden of silverware.

3. Cupcakes just SOUND happy. Say it with me. CUP-CAKES. Fun, huh?

4. Cupcakes are a blast to decorate. Frosting, fondant, sprinkles, jimmies, sugars, glitters, and them silver ball things that when you're a little kid you aren't sure if you should eat them cuz you don't know if they're food; and then when you decide to bite one, it feels like it will break your teeth so you're still not sure if it's food, but you chomp anyway and feel like a grown up when you realize you've conquered the mystery. (My silver ball dawning was in 1st grade - but then, cupcakes weren't the norm on the ranch.)
But I digress...
ahem...

5. Cupcakes can be made of stuff besides flour, etc! Yarn, felt, clay - heck, I've even seen them made from plaster of paris. Of course, those aren't quite as tasty.

6. Cupcakes are WAY more fun to look at then regular cakes. Sure, most of them can't hold a candle to a wedding cake, but you've got to admit that you don't see a lot of pictures of Betty Crocker's sheet cake showing up online.

I've listed a few reasons why Cupcakes absolutely rock. Now I admonish YOU to take a few minutes to ponder what Cupcakes mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment